Podcasts for healthcare workers!
International Podcast Day is hosted annually on September 30th to promote the growing media of podcasts and the technologies surrounding it. Around the world, people listen to their favorite podcasts to keep up with the latest news, technology, entertainment, or information.
Podcasts for healthcare workers can be a powerful way to empower and support our workforce. Whether you hear an inspiring story of a healthcare worker defying the odds or you hear a humorous tale of a poop-filled shift, podcasts can certainly help us get through the hardships of being a healthcare worker and serve as a reminder that we aren't alone.
Below are 12 podcasts highlighted on the Lumify App that you should subscribe to today!
- Katie Duke's Bad Decisions Podcast: Audacious public figure and sought after motivational speaker, Katie Duke, hosts a show that shares stories of both struggle and success. An outspoken New Yorker and Nurse Practitioner, Katie pushes boundaries to explore the life decisions that don’t always turn out like you expect. In a society that glorifies perfection, nobody wants to reveal their bad decisions. Katie Duke is shifting the conversation to prove the importance of owning your failures as a necessity to success.
- The Nurse Blake Podcast: Hear Nurse Blake like never before in this raw and unfiltered podcast about nursing, both on and off the clock. With 2.5 million social media followers, Nurse Blake injects fun into the nursing profession with his viral videos and high-energy skits. The Nurse Blake Podcast takes on topics you want to hear about from relationship advice and foley catheter insertion to safe staffing ratios and the gay blood ban. The podcast features Blake’s husband Brett as his co-host. Brett brings his perspective of a non-healthcare worker and his experience being married to a nurse.
- Drunk or Delirious? with Emilie & Hannah: You know that time in the early hours of the morning on a night shift where the exhaustion sets in and you can't tell if you're drunk or just deliriously tired? Hosted by Hannah Quirk and Emilie Richardson, two nurses talking about nurse life, daily life, and other ridiculous shit.
- The Cellfie Show: Hosted by Tori Meskin BSN RNC-NIC + Sam Manassero MSN RNC C-NPT. Two nurses talking "Off The Clock," about healthcare, self-care, & the down & dirty in between. Tori Meskin & Sam Manassero are bringing you the unfiltered side of the medical world.
- Amplify Nursing Podcast: Amplify Nursing showcases the powerful work nurses do each day. Guests defy stereotypes, define practice, and disrupt convention. We highlight the breadth and depth of nursing influence on society by amplifying nurses who are pushing boundaries and breaking down barriers to build a new paradigm.
- Friends of Franz: Friends of Franz is a space for anyone who loves to learn about all things healthcare and medicine. Hosted by Christian Franz, a registered nurse from New York City now advancing his career towards Medicine, this e-learning initiative began as an Instagram livestream series highlighting clinical experts from different specialties. From relaying their academic journeys, to conveying their realizations, and to tackling field-specific questions where misinformation commonly linger, the hope was to open the eyes of the public to the daily and humble lives behind well-respected titles, scrubs, and white coats. IG: @friendsoffranzpod, Host: @chrsfranz
- Life in Scrubs Podcast: Welcome to Life In Scrubs Podcast – a podcast hosted by nurses, for nurses! Our podcast is mainly geared toward nursing students and new graduate nurses, however, we hope all healthcare professionals can find our information helpful. Our goal is to inspire, educate, and empower future and current nurses as they navigate the world of nursing. Join us weekly as we share our insights and experiences, answer common nursing questions, and dive into all things related to life in scrubs!
- Behind The Scrubs: The Travel Nurse Experience: Lead Health's podcast, Behind The Scrubs, was created to provide a disproportionate amount of value to the travel nurse community. We believe that sharing stories is the key to providing value; stories that are educating, entertaining, inspiring, and motivating. Our guests will primarily be the heroes of the patient care story - traveling clinicians. But we will also feature healthcare industry experts from recruiters to CEO’s.
- Cup Of Nurses: Nurses on a mission to change the world. Welcome to the Cup of Nurses podcast, your source for current health news and hot nursing topics. This is the place where the rubber hits the road and things get real. We don’t sugarcoat information or gloss over tough issues. We face topics head-on, debate the subjects at hand and let you, our listeners, make your own decisions.
- The Nursing Co-Op Podcast: This is a nursing podcast designed to build your confidence, expand your nursing knowledge, and create a supportive community of nurses. We will tackle nursing content and talk to awesome guests to give you the tools to build an amazing nursing career.
- J&J x ANA See You Now Podcast: On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Hosted by nurse economist and health technology specialist Shawna Butler, SEE YOU NOW gives listeners access to meaningful conversations with the nurses at the forefront of healthcare and innovation; those developing new devices, processes, protocols, and ways to treat for infection prevention, infant health, maternal mortality, palliative care, and so much more. This podcast is created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
- The Lumify Podcast: And last, but not least, is Lumify's own podcast! The Lumify podcast shares stories of the change makers, founders, creators, and innovators building a better future for our healthcare community. Listen in as Team Lumify discusses the importance of unity for healthcare workers with our incredible Lumify Partners. #UnifyHealthcare
Find, share, and listen to more podcasts for healthcare workers on the Lumify App!